There are over a hundred and fifty and even a lot more attractions in Baltimore that you can check out. Year after year, and maybe even months – more and more people are becoming really interested with what Baltimore has to offer. More than that peaceful little town that you see in Hairspray, the hit musical or broad way theater show, people are now discovering how wonderful just this place is. While it is not the most conventional of touring places in the metro, it is certainly one of the great undiscovered ones with awesome potential. Now, here is a list of ten of the best attractions in Baltimore that you should surely check out the next time you are in town!
- The Walter’s Art Museum is one of the most popular museums in the area. If you are interested in a place where in the old and the new are molded together, this is definitely a place you want to visit.
- American Visionary Art Museum combines the contemporary and the modern. From the name itself, you will definitely see that it is a place where visionaries have housed their great pieces. It is a very popular tourist spot.
- Fort McHenry National Monument gives you a piece of history. Soak in its drama and you will definitely feel great.
- Baltimore Museum of Art
- Historic Ships In Baltimore are one of the most popular things to visit in Baltimore. If you want to see great ships and at the same time see how they participated in the battles, this is definitely one for you.
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a museum and a shrine in itself. Not to be missed, this is one of the most beautiful churches around.
- Geppi’s Entertainment Museum is a treat for children and adults alike. This is a major destination for families that want to see something nice and fresh.
- Maryland’s Science Center lets you discover new found glory and scientific breakthroughs. Something that kids will surely enjoy.
- Hippodrome Theater is a must see for the family.
- Mount Vernon Cultural District
Baltimore Magazine names Top 50 Restaurants for 2013
These are just some of the best spots in the area – and there are over a hundred of them there! Check out these locations and you will surely have a blast as you stay in Baltimore. Also visit Mark Johnson Baltimore articles to get more updates about Baltimore.